Your Data is important and private. Only you have access.
Privacy of Customer Data
At TaxCart, we place the highest importance on respecting and protecting the privacy of our customers. Our relationship with you is our most important asset. We want you to feel comfortable and confident when using our products and services and with entrusting your personal and tax return information to us.
This statement applies to the TaxCart Web sites and services that display or link to this statement.
- On purchase of a TaxCart product or service, we ask you for information such as name, address, and telephone number that helps us confirm that your payment information is correct. This information is used to create or maintain your TaxCart account information.
- When you register, we require that you create user credentials consisting of a user id and password. We also collect an e-mail address so that we may send communications such as order confirmation or information about the status of your return.
- In order to prepare your return, to file your return, to provide advice about tax matters, and/or to provide an audit defence service, we collect information about your income, deductions, credits, dependents, etc. Collectively, this information is known as tax return information.
- When you visit our Web sites we may collect information about the pages you view, the links you select or actions you take using the standard information that your browser sends to each Web site you visit such as IP address, browser type, and the previously visited Web page.
Using and sharing personal Information at TaxCart
- We do not sell or rent your personal or tax return information to anyone.
- We do not share your personal or tax return information with anyone outside of TaxCart for their promotional or marketing use.
- TaxCart uses your personal information to manage your account, to contact you and to operate, improve, and deliver our products and services, including Web sites.
- We use your personal information to provide you with information and services you request, to tell you about TaxCart products and services, and to give you a customized, interactive experience as you use our products.
- We use your personal information to charge you for the products and services you purchase.
- We use the contact information you provide to communicate with you.
- We use your tax return information to prepare and file your return, and provide related assistance and services.
- We summarize information about your usage and combine it with that of others to learn about the use of TaxCart products to help us develop new products and services. This information is collected in such a way that it cannot be used to identify an individual.
- We retain copies of your completed and filed tax returns in accordance with TaxCart’s Records and Information Management Policy. This information may also be used to perform analysis relating to your claims under our guarantees, or to provide you with a copy of your returns for your convenience.
- We may use service companies on our behalf to perform services for you but these companies are not allowed to use your information for their own purposes.
TaxCart works to protect your personal information and tax return information from loss, misuse or unauthorized alteration by using industry-recognized security safeguards, coupled with carefully developed security procedures and practices. We maintain electronic and procedural safeguards of all tax return information. We use both internal and external resources to review our security procedures. Whenever we prompt you to transmit sensitive information, such as tax return or credit card information, we support the encryption of your information as it is transmitted to us. Our employees are trained and required to safeguard your information.
Disclosures Required By Law
We may access and/or disclose your information if it is necessary to comply with the law or legal process, to protect or defend TaxCart. For example, we may be required to cooperate with regulators or law enforcement action such as a court order, subpoena or search warrant.
Data Security and Backup
We store your data on online servers ensuring best possible protection from our end. Our intention is to protect it in encrypted format and also take back-up at regular intervals for minimum data loss in case of any unfortunate server crash.
Service Quality Monitoring
Sometimes TaxCart calls its clients to give information about Tax saving tips or Financial Planning tips or you calling us to contact our customer care. Please be aware that it is TaxCart's practice to monitor and in some cases record such calls for staff training or quality assurance purposes.